& Request Verification INSTRUCTIONS
Your student received a registration confirmation RSVP form confirming their course selection for the 2015-2016 school year. Please look over and sign this document with your student and have them return it to their 2nd period teacher by Wednesday, April 22nd. Also, if your student has registered for any Honors, AP, or College in the High School courses, there is a second document they received for you to look over together, sign, and return with the registration confirmation by April 22nd.
Review your requests and alternates. On the other side of this page, below the list of your requests and alternates, write any corrections (cross off incorrect classes and add the correct ones).
REQUESTS: For a full schedule of classes (six periods of classes in fall, six periods in spring), you should have 6.0 credits of requests. Your total could be more or less than 6.0 if you take any zero-hour classes (such as Jazz Choir) or if you have a shortened CHS schedule for any reason (such as Running Start, online classes, Sno-Isle, private school, etc.).
ALTERNATES: It is very important that you list several alternates, in case we cannot completely fill your schedule with your requests. Otherwise, you may have to wait until after all students are scheduled in the fall to see what classes still have space available.
Extra-Curricular Requirements: Certain classes at CHS require extra-curricular time commitments. Be sure you are able to meet such requirements before signing up for these classes. Refer to your Planning Guide for details on these classes: Publications (all three levels), Leadership, Adv Leadership, Journalism, Adv Journalism, Sports Med 1 and 2, all band classes, and all choir classes.
WHAT TO DO FOR…
• Running Start: If you plan to take classes through the Running Start program, be sure you qualify (per your college test results). Also, please provide details about which periods you want classes at CHS and which periods you want off for Running Start.
• Early Release, Late Arrival, Homeschool, Private School: If you plan to attend CHS on a part-time basis, please provide details about which periods you want classes at CHS and which periods you will not be at CHS. For late arrival/early release, you must turn in an approval form (available in the counseling office).
• Online Classes: If you want to take any courses through Everett Public Schools Online High School beginning next September, you MUST indicate your intention NOW by listing the generic ALT201 and/or ALT202 code on this form. If you do not let us know now that you want online next school year, you may not be enrolled in online classes. Note on this form which course(s) you want to take online, and be sure to meet with your counselor to get an Online Approval Form.
• Sno-Isle: We do not yet have the list of students approved for enrollment at Sno-Isle next school year. At this time, please ensure you have enough CHS requests in case you are not accepted to Sno-Isle. If you are approved, your counselor will contact you about which classes you want to keep in your CHS schedule.
• Zero-Hour & 7th Period Classes: These classes meet in zero-hour only: Jazz Ensemble and Jazz Choir.
These classes may be taken in either 7th period or during the regular school day: Career Choices, WSL Exp, WSL Intern, and WSL Volunteer. Please specify on this RSVP any course you want scheduled in 7th period.
These classes meet during 7th period only: Marching Band and Sports Med Internship.
• Summer School: If you plan to take a class in summer, you must request classes now as if you are NOT going to take the summer class. Historically, most do not follow through with summer school, so we need to plan space for you accordingly. In August we will receive a summer school grades report, and we will adjust the course requests of students who successfully completed summer courses. (Example: If you pass Geometry in summer, we will upgrade your math request to Alg 2 Trig.)
WE MAY HAVE CHANGED/ADDED/DROPPED YOUR REQUESTS…
• If you are not eligible to take a course: We reserve the right to change your request if you are not eligible to take a course. You may be ineligible if the course is not available for your grade level or if you have not met the prerequisite or other requirements. For example, Intro Art is the prerequisite for Ceramics 1. If you haven’t already passed Intro Art, or if you aren’t requesting Intro Art now, we’ve added Intro Art to your requests. If you see a course added to your requests, check to see if it’s the prerequisite for something else you requested.
• AP and Honors: AP/honors is a commitment, which means you cannot opt out of it. Therefore, you may not list an AP/honors class as the alternate for the “regular” counterpart, and vice versa. However, an AP science or math class can be an alternate for another AP science or math.
What IS a fishbowl conversation? According to multiple sources, fishbowl meetings can vary, but all have a common purpose - that is to engage all participants in a conversation and thus gather varying perspectives on a topic.
The topics for the three evenings are school facilities and school technology. Click on the links below to register.
“Effective immediately parents should send an email regarding student absences to the following dedicated email account:
Please be sure to provide the student’s name and ID number as well as the reason for the absence and your name. Attach a doctor’s note if applicable. Phone calls are not accepted for regular absences.”
Cascade High School
801 E. Casino Rd.
Everett, WA, 98203